O’LEARY & O’SULLIVAN DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED is a Company incorporated under Irish law having its registered office at Joyce House, Barrack Square, Ballincollig, Cork (the ”Company”). We are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and all applicable legislation made in the Republic of Ireland thereunder. The purpose of this policy is to explain how our organisation uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website and in the provision of our products and services. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
Our Data Protection Representative is Aoife Crowley who can be contacted at email@example.com.
What Data do we collect?
Our Company collects data comprising personally identifiable information from our customers and prospective customers including the following;
- Email address
- Telephone number
We do not collect sensitive personal data.
How do we collect your Data?
The Company collects data from our data subjects and process it in the context of our commercial activities as a residential property development company. We will collect data from our customers and prospective customers through our website and in particular through any contact forms contained on our website. The Company will operate as a Data Controller in respect of the personal data supplied by its customers and prospective customers. We may also collect your data through your personal attendance at our show houses, or as a result of any contact which you make with our sales team.
We will collect personal data about you from the Application Forms, Contact Forms and Questionnaires you may be asked to complete together with personal data from records of our correspondence, telephone calls, emails, details of your visit to our website, publicly available information including social media and through use of browser cookies. Our Company will collect data primarily by way of direct production of same by our customers and prospective customers. On occasion we may also receive your Data indirectly via publicly available information including on social networking sites.
How will we use your Data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can perform the services of a residential property development company offered by our business. Our Company collects your Data so that we can:
- Process your expression of interest in our products and services
- To enable you and us to manage your request for information and subsequent purchase of a home from our Company
- To contact you with updates and information regarding launches of housing developments which may be of interest to you
- To engage with you and respond to any requests which you may have.
- To improve our level of service
- For general marketing purposes which are in the legitimate interest of our business
- To meet our legal and statutory obligations (including, defence of legal claims, if applicable)
Basis of processing Data
The Company will process data on behalf of natural persons comprising their customers and prospective customers and will ensure that your data is processed in a lawful, clear and transparent manner at all times for a specific and legitimate purpose. The Company relies on the following legal basis for the processing of data.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a Contract
- Processing necessary for the compliance with a legal or statutory obligation
- To protect the vital interest of a Data Subject
- With the consent of the Data Subject for one or more specific and legitimate purposes.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by the Controller or a third party except where such interest is overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject.
Where we rely on the legitimate interest of the Company for the processing of the personal data, we will take all reasonable measure to ensure that the interests of the Data Subject are protected. The legitimate interests of the Company in this context include direct marketing, prevention of fraud and information system security.
We will rely on our legitimate interests as a company to process your data for direct marketing purposes. We consider it to be a legitimate interest of our company in promoting its services, products and in the administration operation of our business. Any such processing will not be carried out where such interest is overridden by the rights and freedoms of the Data Subject. In all direct marketing communications, we will give an unsubscribe option. A Data Subject can unsubscribe at any time.
We will only rely on consent as the basis for processing in limited circumstances. Where consent is utilised as the basis for processing, such consent can be withdrawn at any time. In that event, we will cease processing your data, unless there is a separate basis upon which we can rely to process your data, such as same being necessary for the performance of the contract between us or necessary for us to comply with our legal and statutory obligations.
How do we store your Data?
The Company securely stores your data via our cloud and network storage systems. We will ensure the appropriate, technical and organisational measures are put in place commensurate with the level of security required for the data held on your behalf. We will use all appropriate and reasonable measure to ensure integrity and confidentiality of the personal as maintained at all times.
Our Company would like to send marketing information to you about the products and services which we think will be of relevance to you. We will always give you an option to unsubscribe from our marketing list, Please Click Here or Contact Aoife Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing list. You have a right to object to our processing your data for direct marketing purposes at any stage.
Sharing of Personal Data
It may be necessary for us to share your personal data with third parties to enable us to comply with our legal and statutory obligations and to perform the contract between us. We will never provide your data to third parties for marketing purposes. We do not process your financial information. We may also share your data with our professional advisors where necessary including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide professional services necessary for the operation of the business of the Company.
We do not propose to transfer personal data to any parties not resident within Europe.
The Company will keep your data for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which the data was provided taking into account the basis for processing the data.
Rights of Data Subject
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected or if we have incomplete information you may request that we request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as a right to be forgotten.
- Right to restrict processing or object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes or object to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you or a third party with a copy of your personal data in a structured commonly used readable format.
- Right to object to processing – you have the right to object to processing of data under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Aoife Crowley at email@example.com.
We ask that you ensure that all data which you furnish to us is kept accurate and up-to-date at any stage.
If we were processing personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which should take place prior to its withdrawal.
You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any stage. If you are unhappy with how we process your personal data we ask that you contact us so that we can rectify the situation. You may lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority of the Irish Supervisory Authority of the Data Protection Commission.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making or profiling.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Date 5th May 2021